Friday, February 16, 2007

Today Is Special Day For All Of Mankind


Today is a special holiday, my friends. A little holiday that I want to introduce into the zeitgeist. It is National Write A Letter To David Lynch Day. Write him about your love of his films, your first sexual experience, a big python you once wrestled, the meaning of life, how "Lost Highway" still confuses you to the point of mental breakdown, et cetera. Now keep in mind: You do not need to send the letters to him. That is not the purpose of this holiday. In fact, I do not think that he would read the letters anyway.
How do I go about this? How do I paricipate in this wonderful holiday? I am glad that you asked. Just write the letters in the comments section of this post or post them to your own blog. Also, make sure to tell some friends. That is all that you have to do.
I want this to be a global movement, dear readers. I am counting on all of you. Mr. Lynch is counting on you.
Let the nicotine stained fingers of love begin in 3,2...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dears davy,

You do grab the viewer in a identifiably unique fingerprint way, but I wonder if you really are not unique but the outside you foreignize actually has embrased you as it's lover, denying all other's who are the same.

P.S. What the fudge packer was lost highway about?
P.P.S. No really
P.P.P.S. why is my bloger in french Dave? Why is it in french?

-your fan